A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

New Bethel Church and Cemetery

The congregants of New Bethel purchased the current acreage in 1869 and first worshipped in a bush arbor. They deeded a portion of their land to the Shelby County School System to build Nashoba School for black children. The Rev. Will Benton and the Lane family are pictured. Source: A Walking Tour of the Old Germantown District

Submitted from the Shelby County Register's Office.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps