This residence, opened in 1961, is named in memory of Moulton College, 1888-1954, a girl’s preparatory school that was conducted by McMaster University.
Moulton Ladies’ College, as the private school was known in its early days, honoured the maiden name of its foundress, Susan Moulton McMaster. After the death of her husband, Senator William McMaster, whose munificent bequest made possible the founding of the University, she provided their stately Toronto home for the College.
A beautiful stained glass window from the McMaster home and Moulton College is on this campus, in the Great Hall of Alumni Memorial Hall.
Submitted by Owen Anderson