Gabriel Dumont operated a ferry on the South Saskatchewan River near this site from the early 1870's to 1883. According to his 1876 licence, the ferry was a scow measuring 7.6 m (23 feet) by 4 m (12 feet).
Ferry service continued near Gabriel's Crossing until the completion of Gabriel's Bridge on Highway 312 in 1969.
Government of Saskatchewan
Submitted by: @Saskajanet