A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

East 6th Street USO Club

Organized in 1882 in a wood frame structure on the present site. In 1926, the original building was damaged in a storm. The present structure was built in 1930. The congregation provided food and shelter for Hattiesburg's flood victims in 1963 and 1974, and hosted Civil Rights meetings in the 1960s.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps