Brandon Hall, which perpetuates the memory of the association of Brandon College with McMaster University, was opened in 1970.
Brandon College, the forerunner of Brandon University in Manitoba, was founded by western Baptists in 1899. Although it was legally independent, this College was affiliated with McMaster University from 1910 to 1938. The examinations for Brandon students seeking a degree were set and graded by McMaster faculty, and McMaster’s Chancellor presided at convocations in Brandon and conferred McMaster degrees.
The sixth Chancellor of McMaster University, Dr. H.P. Whidden, had earlier been the President of Brandon College.
Submitted by Owen Anderson