A gigantic map of all the cool plaques in the world. A project of 99% Invisible. Logo by Chop Shop

300 King Street East 1845

Charles C. Small had three upscale Georgian row-houses constructed here across the street from his own prominent villa, Berkeley House (demolished 1925). In 1879, this corner unit was extended to the sidewalk for Greenshield's Grocery, which remained here until 1956. This and the adjoining house remain, having been converted into shops.


Plaque via Alan L. Brown's site Toronto Plaques. Full page here.

Nearby Plaques On Google Maps